Joaquin Phoenix has never seen a happy day in his life yet he manages to always put on a happy face to make it out of darkness. But how can one do that if negative thoughts continuously pop up!
I'll break this down by starting with the positives:
- Superb Camerawork and Color Fixation.
- Intense setup infused with Bitter vibes.
- Nerve-racking choice of Tracks & overall mood.
- Insane Character Development & Embodiment.
- Bold & Artistic approach to reality.
- Beautifully disturbing & Violently Brilliant story.
- Memorably twisted from every angle.
- Unique display of Emotions and Mood Swings.
And now let's shed the light on the negatives:
- Utterly slow-paced and bland at first.
- Slightly poor script & scene transitions.
Joaquin definitely deserves an oscar for this epic performance of his! I mean he got me all over the place with multiple goosebumps and a devastated heart. He was the perfect fit for this role.
Are you seriously still reading? Get off your tiny tushy and watch it tonight! And let's discuss it!